Monday, February 25, 2008

Another Day, Another Year



Well, it was bound to happen. Over the weekend I added another year to my age. My birthday wish from hubbie was for a quiet and peaceful day to do whatever I pleased. My request also included that nobody ask, "What's for breakfast...lunch...or dinner?" Hubbie brought in take-out as I really didn't feel like getting dressed up and eating in a restaurant. A break from cooking was one of the best gifts ever. I also received a lovely bouquet of yellow lillies and red roses from my son and his girlfriend.

I am happy to report that I have a new and speedy computer. No more waiting on anything anymore. The old one was so slow it would frequently come to a complete halt. It was very frustating. My son is a computer genius. He can build computers from the ground up and he built this one for me. Whenever any of our family or his friends have computer issues, he is the one they call. He's a very smart young man and I'm so happy to have him (for more reasons than building computers for me, of course...LOL).



On to today's pin...It looks very similar to the tufted pins that I recently completed. They are alike because of the general shape of their petals. The main difference, though, is how the leaves are formed. The fabric is folded toward the center which leaves a little gap down the middle of each petal. It was fun experimenting. I topped it with a faric yo-yo and a button.



This is a sneak peek of my next project. Do you have any idea what these crazy looking objects will be? I hope to show you some completed pieces real soon.

Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by.
Aloha!

No comments: