Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fabric Pins, Anyone?



Aloha, family and friends. As you already know, I have a penchant for
fabric. I absolutely adore fabric. I love buying it, looking at it, touching it and creating things from it. Just talking about fabric makes me very happy. Okay, I'm a dork. Anyway, my plan for this year is to create as many things from fabric as possible. You get to see my endeavers, no matter where you are.


I'm designating February as fabric pin month. Yup, a full month of nothing but fabric pins. Doesn't that sound scrumptious? I think making pins from fabric and combining it with other mediums and embellishments would be so much fun to do. My goal is to create as many different kinds as possible. I believe that putting it in writing for all to see will push me to make it happen. I'm very good at laying guilt trips on myself so this should mean that I'll have a handful of pins by the end of the month. We'll see...


My first pin is a petite plum posy topped with a sprinkling of glass seed beads. It's so pretty when the light hits the beading. It makes my heart skip a beat. It is inspired by an old tomato pincushion that I've had for years. I've added a couple of fused fabric-to-felt leaves to make it that much more special. Please pardon the poor picture layout and quality. I hope to get better as time progresses.


Aloha!















1 comment:

misschris said...

Aw, those are sweet! I like the beads.

And I have to say I am way jealous that you live in Hawaii! My husband and I were there in September for 12 days and it was fabulous... What I would give to eat fresh fish like that all the time.... yum!