Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally...

Getting a late start here as I have been having trouble accessing my blog. One minute it's there, another it's gone. Poof, just like that. Really.



I'm sure you've already noticed that I have a fascination with pincushions. I can't stop making them. After designing the segmented yo-yo pin, I knew I had to make a pincushion similar to it. This pincushion has nine segments, I think maybe a little too many. At this point, the pieces get very small and get difficult to work with. I kept adding one segment after the other when I couldn't get the first and the last to meet without puckering. I think it turned out fairly well for a prototype.



This is my last pin for the month of February and probably for a while. Whew! Although I love making pins, it is time to move on to other things. I used fused fabric throughout as it adds body and also stops the ends from fraying. The circular scalloped center was made by a Fiskars scallop scissor. I think it adds interest to an otherwise plain center. It is topped with a tiny flower shaped button.

The tutorial I promised is coming along, slowly, very slowly. This tutorial business is alot of work and certainly not the instant gratification that I'm used to. Don't worry, I won't forget about it and hopefully will get it posted sometime next month.

I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Aloha!

1 comment:

Rowena said...

Lettie I am just speechless at what you've created here (in stitching talent and blogging!). I'm so glad that I finally found your link in my comment history...you'll certainly gain a lot of like-minded crafters once they find you!

Of course I became totally smitten when I spotted the post on Mouse and Chirpy. They both are just.too.cute.