Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Freshly Picked Strawberries

I love strawberries. Mostly fresh, but any kind will do. This is a photo of my strawberry cluster pin. Two berries fall from green satin rattail cording attached to fused fabric-to-felt leaves. The berries have been beaded with glass seed beads to give them a little bit of shimmer and shine. Every strawberry needs a little bling.

This is my current WIP. It will eventually end up being the quilted tufted pins from yesterday's post. All 300 of them will find their way to several craft fairs that I do at years end.

On another note...the poor picture quality on this blog is probably making you want to dig your eyeballs out. I don't blame you because it sure is doing that to me. I don't know if the saying that "something is better than nothing" fits here. Perhaps I shouldn't be posting pictures until I get it right. Maybe I'll just leave them for days when I feel miserable and want to torture you. JUST KIDDING. Can you feel my frustration? Today's photo's aren't any better. It is becoming evident that I stink at taking pictures. I know, I know, practice makes perfect and I should just shut up and practice some more.
You probably won't believe it, but my middle sister is an ace at taking beautiful photos. She is the one that is recruited to photograph the special occasions of family and friends. Yes, even weddings. So you see, unlike what conclusion you may have come to, being a bad photographer isn't embedded in my genes. One day she's going to have to give me a lesson. So, if you're reading this, "D", give your older sis some schoolin' in the art of photography. Holy schmoley, if there was ever anyone who needed lessons, it's me.

I hope you all have a fabulous day. You can put your eyeballs back in their sockets now. I'm done.


Aloha!





No comments: