Thursday, February 7, 2008

George, is that an eyeball in the center of that flower?




I'd like to introduce you to my latest creation, The Eyeball Pin. That is
what I'm calling it because it's center reminds me of an eyeball. I know,
not a very appealing name, is it? Oh well. It was a fun pin to make
nonetheless.


I have been cutting fabric to make pins like a mad woman. At the same time,
I am eager to get going with other pins but all the cutting has to happen
first. I'm finding alot of fabric that I haven't seen in a long time.
They're the pieces that are buried under all of the bright and shiny new
stuff that I keep buying and piling on top of it.


We have been having the craziest weather lately. Several of the islands
have had enormous amounts of rain and flooding. We've been living under
flash flood warnings for more than a week. It's driving my husband and son
a bit crazy because it has put a damper on their golf game. Me, I'm enjoying
it just fine. I love to cozy myself with a good cup of tea and watch the
rain fall from the window of my craft room. At the moment, the sky is a very pretty shade
of blue with hardly a cloud in sight. We all know that could change
at a moments notice. Ahhh, just a normal part of island living.


I have to say that I am very excited to have started a blog. It doesn't
mean that I know what I am doing, though. I have been wanting to do this
for quite some time but never had the confidence to take the plunge. To be
honest, I am really very nervous about it as my computer and camera skills
are seriously lacking. Who am I kidding?? I don't have ANY computer or
camera skills. I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I guess we'll find out
real soon if I should have a blog or just continue to be a blog reader. *grin*
Aloha!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I really like your eyeball pin cushion - very cute!
I'm simply amazed by all your creativity, I love seeing all the different bits you make - I'm always inspired when I drop by your blog :o)