Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Luck of the Irish



Too early for St. Patty's day? I hope not. This lucky shamrock pin has a penny in it's center to bring you good luck. The penny is securely wrapped in tulle netting and the netting is attached to the shamrock. I did it this way to avoid damage to the penny as I am aware that it is illegal to alter or destroy currency. The penny can be removed by tearing the netting open. The shamrock itself is made from fabric which has been fused to felt.



This is a travel facial tissue holder that I embellished with a yo-yo posie. I just can't get enough of fabric yo-yo's. Love them.




This bag is probably the closest I will ever get to actual quilt making. The reason I don't make quilts is because I get too overwhelmed with their bulkiness. Just a heck of alot of fabric to deal with. Being a quilter wannabe, this bag is perfect for me. It is a nice, manageable size to work with. I love the vibrancy of the colors and most of all, it gives me the satisfaction of fabric piecing at the same time.

I hope you have a fabulous and inspiring day.
Aloha!

1 comment:

Marzia Melloni said...

Hi Arlette, I not speak english but my brother traslate for me...
your works fabulous!!
P.S. now, my brother isn't here
Sorry :OP
Bye Marzia