Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pretty In Pink

Aloha! Ciao! Hello! I am beyond humbled that you all have found your way to my blog. I hope that you'll decide to visit often as I love sharing my craft projects with you.

Today is laundry and house cleaning day at Camp Polka Dot so this post will be a pretty short one. I have got to get the place in order so that I can play (craft) over the weekend.



Pretty in pink, this little gal has a painted clay flower pot body and a wooden knob for her head. She is wearing her finest sinamay hat adorned with green and pink ribbons topped with a pretty pink rose. Of course, her ensemble also includes a green and pink yo-yo, just because!



Here is a very simple pink polka dotted posie pin made from a fabric yo-yo. I tucked a tiny bit of polyester fiberfil inside the yo-yo to give it a dimentional look. It is also flanked by 2 citrus green fabric leaves . You will see this style of posie on many of my projects because I think it gives most items a sweet and whimsical look.



This is another project that I just completed. I love patchwork so I put this little pincushion together. It is also embellished with a yo-yo. I bet by now you're on yo-yo overload. LOL Sorry, [un]fortunately, there are still more yo-yo's to come in the future so hold on to your hat.

I'll be back tomorrow with my final pin project for the month of February. I wish you all a fab day!

Aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you make a mini-tutorial of the angel pins with some photos of the execution of this pins?

Thanks