Wednesday, August 6, 2008

As I Suspected...

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am now convinced that design placement in reference to what makes an item pleasing to the eye is directly linked to being left or right brained.
The results of the survey has lead me to the following...

1. If you are right brained, you prefer the posie on the right.

2. If you are left brained, you prefer the posie one the left.

My conclusion: I need to be more sensitive to placement and always keep in mind that what is pleasing to my eye may not be pleasing to the masses. After all, the majority of people are left brained.

That's a lot to consider and ponder in relationship to my future design endeavors. I've always wondered about this very thing, and you have confirmed for me that what I have suspected was correct. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your opinions.

As of today, I am officially in panic mode. I just received my second craft fair application. These are for two of the largest shows in the islands. The first one is for a three-day fair and the second one is for a one-day fair. It is hitting home that I am grossly unprepared and am lagging horrendously behind. I have decided to remedy that by posting a little less to my blog until I can get a handle on things. I will still be around, but I think you will be seeing more "work in progress" photos rather than completed items for a while.

I will leave you with photos of a stemmed glass coaster. It isn't perfect yet or just the way I want it, but I thought I'd show it to you anyway. This is the kind of stuff that litters my craft room. Lots and lots of prototype pieces sitting around waiting to be perfected or redesigned.


This coaster is easy to slip on and off of the base of a glass yet it still holds tight enough without falling off on it's own. I do like the patchwork look and the fact that you can use three or more prints on each one.

I just noticed that we are now at the 140 day mark until Christmas. Time is really flying by. It's time to start on your handmade gifts if you haven't already done so. Christmas has a way of sneaking up on us, especially when we are unprepared.

I hope you have a very productive and inspiring day.

Aloha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this coaster better then the other style. I think I will try making them this way for a change.

Janie in MO

Lorraine said...

I really like the color combo of this coaster. I'm sure you'll do fine with your projects if you just take it slow and steady (easy for me to say!).

I used your tutorial for the pincusion - check it out on my blog. It was fun! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cathi said...

Lettie -- that's a great coaster! I really like the 3 fabrics you've used too. As to showing works in progress -- those can be really inspiring and interesting too!
Take a deep breath, try to figure out a schedule that will work for you and just work away at it. Try not to look too far ahead -- 'cause that's when it gets really scary!

sweetiepie said...

Your coaster is very pretty. I love the color combinations.

I understand perfectly when you say panic mode. I am getting there myself. I don't seem to be able to get myself motivated at all. I have very little done. I just know November will be here before I know. Maybe if I unplugged the computer I would get more done.

Take care, Lettie.

Stephanie D said...

Funny, I was just emailing a friend stating how panicky I am getting over things I planned to do LAST Christmas and am no farther along for this year--and it's 90+ outside.

Only in craftwork and retail can folks get so worked up over Christmas in August! lol

Rowena said...

Good for you Lettie! I actually like seeing your work in progress stuff too because it allows me to guess what you're up too. Ahem...remember what I had thought an email awhile ago? :lol:

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's a really neat idea, well done, you're very creative...

Gill in Canada