Monday, March 2, 2009

Weight-Loss Challenge Check-In

Oh, what a day! I'll touch on it a bit at the end of this post.

Today is weight-loss check-in day. I should start by saying that I gained 1-1/2 pounds while I was in Washington DC. I didn't limit myself and ate anything that I wanted to knowing that I would have to face the music when I got home. Well, I've since lost one pound, with a half of a pound to go to get back to where I left off prior to going on vacation. I already told you in my first post that I am a yo-yo dieter and I am true to my words! *hangs head in shame*

Today's recipe is called Mexican Burgers

Avocado, diced
1/3-1/2 cup of salsa
cilantro, a couple of teaspoons or so
chicken breasts
Monterey jack cheese w/jalapeno peppers
hamburger buns or rolls, split and toasted
romaine lettuce
salt/pepper

Combine avocado, salsa and cilantro and set aside. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken until no longer pink in center.
Before removing chicken from the grill, place a slice of cheese on top until slightly melted. Place lettuce onto the bottom of the rolls, top with chicken and avocado mixture. Serve.

Now onto the subject that I first made mention of. Let me warn you, if you are squeamish about bodily functions, read no further. Remember, you've been warned!

Today has been a stinky day. In fact, this past weekend was stinky too. I'm tired from the stress of worrying about my cat, Mouse. The poor dear was suffering from constipation. At least that is what we are hoping it was and nothing more serious. He's been growling since late Friday and we believe it's because he's had a tummy ache. He'd make his way to his litter box, try for several moments without much success. Mousie hasn't been drinking enough water and hasn't been eating as much as he usually does. I guess when you're constipated, you just don't feel like it. I called the Vet and he placed Mouse on a laxative in hopes that it would take care of the problem. Nothing budged. The Vet asked me to bring Mouse in today for an enema. That did nothing. He then had to resort to a manual extraction and was able to remove 4-5 inches of compacted "stuff". Then another enema. The enema did nothing again. I have him home now and I have to keep my eye on him and continue giving him the laxative for a couple more days. I'm hoping for the best. At least he's stopped growling for the time being.

Anyway, sorry for the long story. It's only a little after 5:30pm and I'm exhausted and ready for bed. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Aloha!

10 comments:

Clare said...

I hope your cat is better soon - what we don't go through for our pets. 1 1/2 lbs isn't bad for being on vacation - and you have most of it already - good job. I am fighting that battle myself. It used to be much easier getting the weight off. Have a great day!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Poor little thing. Nothing worse than being constipated. Speaking from experience of course.lolol I know too much info. But you started it.
Good job on maintaining while on vacation. Your my hero!! I always put on at least 5.

Cathi said...

I hope Mousie is okay!! It's so scary when our pets aren't well.

sweetiepie said...

Sorry to hear about poor mouse. I hope he is feeling better soon. I know just how he feels.

I am sure you won't have any trouble losing that last half pound, then you will be back on track.

Take care.

Stephanie D said...

Hope Mousie is better soon. Poor little guy.

Diane Mars said...

I sure hope kitty will get better (: I hate when a pet is sick, you just feel helpless.
Hugs, Diane

Carrie P. said...

So sorry about your kitty. It is tough when our pets don't feel well and they can't tell us what is wrong with them. Hope he gets better quick.

Jenny said...

Oh, the poor darling! And poor you, Lettie, having to watch him suffer. Our little Javier (ten-year-old Chihuahua) has had some intestinal difficulties of late too! We have been watching him carefully and babying him (what else is new) and hope a trip to the vet won't be necessary. So far it hasn't put him off his food and water! Good for you, losing that pound so quickly! Hope you had a great time out East!

Lorraine said...

Poor Mouse. Vacation weight gain doesn't count as long as you had fun!

Jenessa said...

poor kitty! i'm glad you're going back down in weight and doing it fast - good job not putting it off! i used to make mexican burgers - man those suckers are good.