Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Good Distraction

I realize that my postings have been few and far between, but with Vegas knocking at my door, I needed to start doing more trip planning and a little less creating. A quick jaunt to Vegas will be a good distraction and one that thankfully doesn't require enormous amounts of preparation.

I've come up with what I hope to be several entertaining shows. So far, we have tickets to Ka at the MGM Grand, Penn & Teller at the Rio, and Carrot Top at the Luxor. I've seen Carrot Top before and his show is pretty edgy and funny and something that I know my son will especially enjoy. I have a couple more shows in mind, but I think we're going to wait until we get there to purchase the tickets. There's always Tickets4Tonight for cheap, last minute show tickets. I'm just afraid that after three shows, we'll have had enough and opt to do something else instead. I'm also looking forward to having dinner at Hugo's Cellar at the Four Queens in Downtown. I've been there before and the atmosphere is just lovely and very old school Vegas. Can't wait!

If you have any suggestions for fun things to see or do in Vegas (other than the standard touristy stuff), I would love to know.

Take care, everyone!

Aloha!

13 comments:

Janine said...

I wish you a super time in Las Vegas.
If you are going to gamble take care, that you win! LOL
All the best, Lettie
Janine

Karen said...

Have fun in Vegas! Hope you win and not lose!

I love the flower at the top of this post...interesting.

Karen

Karen said...

The purple flower is very pretty and creative.

sweetiepie said...

I love Vegas, but I haven't been there for 5 years. Have a great vacation.

Kristin said...

That sounds like an awesome trip. Have fun.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Have a good time Arlette!!! VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!

Angela said...

I love Hugo's Cellar! It is my favorite place for dinner in Vegas.

I also enjoy riding the Coney Island Coaster at New York New York. It's amazing at night!

Have a great time!

Mom2fur said...

Wish I could see Penn & Teller's show. My oldest son and I are big fans!
Have fun in Vegas!

Stephanie D said...

I love Vegas! It was much easier to go when we lived in Albuquerque. It's been 6 1/2 years now.

Have a great time! If the Blue Man Group still has a show, I really enjoyed theirs! Not a fan of Carrot Top myself, but there's still so much to see and do!

Zlaty said...

Have fun in Vegas! I have never been there but any vacation is well deserved!

Enjoy!

Connie Gail said...

Hope that you have a wonderful time in Las Vegas - a relaxing one at that! Look forward to 'seeing' you again...:O)

Carrie P. said...

Have fun. I have never been to Vegas.

lifewithquads said...

Hope you enjoy Vegas. We saw Ka (maybe last year) and really enjoyed it.